Do you Have an Oblong Face Shape?
An oblong face shape is characterized by a longer than average face length and a balanced forehead, cheekbones, and jawline. To determine if you have an oblong face shape, follow these steps:
- Measure your face: Use a measuring tape to measure the length of your face from the center of your hairline to the tip of your chin. Then, measure the width of your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline.
- Compare measurements: If the length of your face is significantly longer than the width of your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline, you likely have an oblong face shape.
- Consider other features: An oblong face shape is often accompanied by a long, straight hairline and a straight jawline.
It's important to keep in mind that face shape is just one factor to consider when choosing a hairstyle. Other factors, such as hair texture, personal style, and lifestyle, should also be taken into account. A professional hairstylist can provide a more accurate assessment of your face shape and help you choose the best hairstyle for you.
Women's hairstyles for oblong face shapes are:
- Layers: Soft, face-framing layers can add volume and width to the sides of the face, helping to shorten its appearance. You can opt for choppy, angled layers or longer, wispy layers depending on your preference.
- Bob: A bob that hits at the chin or below can add width to the lower half of the face, helping to balance its length. You can choose a classic bob, a layered bob, or an angled bob to suit your style.
- Waves: Loose waves and curls can add width to the sides of the face, helping to shorten its appearance. You can opt for beachy waves, loose curls, or tight ringlets depending on your hair texture and personal style.
- Volume: Adding volume to the crown of the head can shorten the appearance of a long face. You can opt for a voluminous updo, a teased crown, or a poofy blowout to achieve this look.
- Bangs: Side-swept bangs or a heavy fringe can shorten the forehead and balance out the face. You can choose a full bang, a side-parted fringe, or a curtain bang depending on your preference.
It's important to keep in mind that every face is unique and that different hairstyles will suit different face shapes, hair textures, and personal styles. Consult a professional hairstylist at Zoe Grace Salon & Med Spa to determine the best hairstyle and hair color for you.