One of the best things about getting your hair done at a salon is the scalp massage. It is a simple technique where you knead soft tissues in the body, which can create a calming effect and remove tension. The scalp is filled with nerve endings and a majority of the nervous system is located inside the skull. A good scalp massage will stimulate your nervous system. A scalp massage is a way to reduce stress. At Zoe Grace Salon as an upgrade to your service we offer scalp treatments, such as calming elixer for a sensitive scalp or scalp treatments for dandruff and flaking. Let us know your scalp concerns and we will build a treatment for you.
Additional Benefits to a Scalp Massage
A soothing scalp massage boosts your mood and sense of well-being by working on three hormones, serotonin, dopamine, both of which enhance those “feel good” emotions, and reducing cortisol, that stress-related hormone that makes us feel down, and adds to belly-fat weight gain. So, yes, a scalp massage can help manage your weight too.
- It stimulates blood flow to and from the skin, increasing the oxygen supply to your scalp and hair roots.
- It cleanses the hair and scalp of oils, dirt, and bacteria, while also lubricating the scalp, making it healthier and promoting hair growth.
- When rubbing the hair from roots to tip, it can stimulate growth and vitality.
- It soothes a dry, itchy scalp by conditioning it, preventing dry cells.
- It leaves your hair softer and more radiant by spreading natural oils, making it easier to style.
- It prevents hair follicle damage from the sun or chemical treatments by improving resiliency over time.
- It just feels good and relaxing.