1. Eyeliner. Does your eyeliner constantly crumble while putting it on? Put it it in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to applying your makeup to prevent this problem.
2. Shaving. When shaving, consider conditioner. Conditioner will soften the hair on your legs making it easier to shave and it will leave your skin feeling extra silky.
3. Make-up. Get rid of your make-up sponges. They tend to soak up more foundation into the sponge instead of on your face. Instead, use a foundation brush. You will waste less foundation and you will have a more precise almost air-brushed looking application.
4. Lips. If you are looking for fuller lips, extend your lip line using a neutral toned lip liner. Then apply lipstick over the top. Be careful to not extend your lip line too much so it doesn’t look fake.
5. Hair color. To prevent your hair color from fading, always use professional brand daily shampoo and conditioner as well as using a deep conditioning treatment once a week. This will help lock in the color and help prevent dry and damaged hair. Ask your stylist for suggestions specific to your type of hair and coloring agent used.
6. Skin. Exfoliate daily will help buff away dead skin cells that cover up your skin’s natural glow. My new favorite face exfoliant is St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It’s the only thing I use on my face or hair that I skimp on in price and buy at the grocery store.
7. Eye lashes. Do not pump your mascara (moving it up and down quickly). It will make it dry out faster. Another Hot tip: when applying your mascara, repeatedly comb through in an upward motion to lengthen your lashes OR move the wand quickly and in small pulses from left to right to thicken your lashes.
8. Make-up brushes. Clean your makeup brushes regularly. A build up of make up residue will carry bacteria. You can buy make-up brush cleaner from any beauty store.
9. Hair. To remove buildup in your hair, use a clarifying shampoo once a week such as color safe Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo(this is also the perfect time to towel dry your hair then do your weekly deep treatment right after). This will help prevent product build up, create more volume, dandruff and other scalp conditions. Again, consult your stylist for the best choice for you.
10. Body. Always apply sunscreen daily. Don’t forget the tips of your ears and the back of your neck.