Zoe Grace Salon & Med Spa Hair Extensions
*Products Regimen you need to protect and lengthen the life of your hair extensions are in bold.
WASHING - Hair Extensions
Brush out extensions with a professional grade WetBrush BEFORE getting into the shower. This helps prevent deep tangles and matting. Watch How to Properly Brush Your Hair HERE. You can use a Wetbrush when your extensions are Wet o Dry.
Use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner to prolong your hair color and the extension color as well(Keune Care Tinta Color Care, select Moroccanoil, Hotheads or Brazilian Blowout) How to Shampoo and Condition correctly HERE. Shampoo gently but thoroughly between the rows, no need for vigorous scrubbing. Be sure to focus on shampooing your scalp. Focus conditioner through mid lengths and ends(avoid top of the weft). Use a deep conditioner once a week.
Use a leave-in conditioner + oil combo through mid lengths and ends. (2Phase Spray and Moroccanoil Treatment, Satin Oil or Brazilian Blowout oil). Avoid your root area and do this right after your shower and before you brush out your hair with the WetBrush (again). Watch how to apply Here
When brushing wet hair, start from your ends and work your way up to the scalp. Hold the hair in one hand (pinched in a ponytail) and brush down. When you get close to the weft, hold your extensions tight at the top of each weft while you brush right up to where it is sewn. It is important they are thoroughly detangled from root to ends, however you shouldn’t feel it being pulled from your scalp.
One of the best parts of having your hair extensions is not having to wash and style every day! Watch our videos on the proper way to use dry shampoo and refresh your style with a polishing product through your ends. Ask your stylist for what to use!
STYLING - Hair Extensions
Air dried hair is ok but make sure to still dry the roots of your natural hair and the top of your extension wefts where it is sewn. This will prevent the weft holding moisture.
Rough dry your hair 80% of the way (meaning no tugging at the extensions with a round brush or comb, just use your hands/fingers, you do not want to vigorously whip them around). This applies to Dry Bars as well. Make sure to communicate to whomever is styling your hair to NOT round brush your hair from start to finish. Watch our How-to Video Here.
You can use a round brush and a small amount of tension to smooth your hair and the extension hair, the last few minutes of your blow dry. Watch a Hair styling Hot Tip Video Here.
If curling your extensions, run the extension hair through the curling iron to smooth the hair once or twice before placing curls. This will give your extensions a more polished look, close the cuticle and prolong the extension hairstyle.
Always use a heat protectant from Zoe Grace Salon. When purchasing products outside of the salon it may not be authentic. We can only guarantee products purchased from Zoe Grace Salon.
SLEEPING - With Hair Extensions
Brush the extension hair out, then place in a loose ponytail or braid. A satin or silk pillowcase is recommended.
OTHER - Hair Extension Maintenance
- After a few washes, the extension hair will expand and take on a more realistic hair texture
- Protect your beauty investment with the “insurance” of using the right products. When purchasing products outside of the salon it may not be authentic(There are A LOT that are not quality). We can only guarantee products purchased from Zoe Grace Salon.
- If you notice any excess tangling or hair shedding, please contact your stylist as these are quick fixes when addressed right away
- You can live a normal active lifestyle with hair extensions, just treat the extensions with some gentleness to keep them looking their best, the longest
- NEVER let sunscreen or suntan oil touch the extension hair. They will turn peach color. Be aware of salt water and chlorine which can strip hair color.
- When swimming, it’s best to wear your hair in a braid or loose high bun. It’s always best to wet your hair with tap water then coat it in conditioner before swimming.
- Avoid hard water, it can strip hair color.
- We hope your hair extensions as much as we do! Please feel free to text the salon at 859-250-6827 if you have any questions regarding your new hair extensions